WordPress 5.1 has just released today, rectitude American Jazz singer Betty Carter. So this is something massive since the existence of Gutenberg arrived into core comparing it with WordPress 5.0 which got uploaded around 35 million times.
It has just developed the performance development from Gutenberg 4.8 – faster page initialization time and along with this it has also improved typing performances and enhancement of many background processes.
But on the other hand WordPress will not be able to diagnose if site will be from unknown sources. There are some developments under the cloak for improvers, additionally (but unlimited to) the following.
- The new database table to heap up metadata related with multisite networks.
- Updates to values for the WP_DEBUG_LOG continue
- Updated Cron API with fresh features to help with returning data, new filters for customize cron storage
- It has also developed taxonomy metabox sanitization
- It has bounded support for meta keys when employing WP_ Meta_ Query
- It has a fresh ‘doing it wrong’ notice when registering RSET API endpoints
- The Cron API; The Cron API has been updated with fresh features to help with returning data and adds a fresh filter. On the other changes in behaviour alter cron spawning on serves running FastCGI and PHP- FP, versions 7.0.16 and above.
It has also focused on security and speed, this site health is only for WordPress administrators.
It presents them notices and warnings like when they are running faraway superannuate versions of PHP – the programming dialect that powers WordPress but if you are installing a fresh plugin, for instance, site health will check it against your version of PHP and stop the installation if there is any need a version which will not work with your site.
WordPress 5.1 had been released some two months after its predecessor. And there is one more good news that they are going to launch WordPress 5.2 version.